This widget is everything I ever wanted (so far) in a WordPress widget. Built to stand on it’s own, you can create as many these in different sidebars that you want. I wanted a unique widget for every podcast I was hosting on the AM Podcast Network. Each podcast could have it’s own support widget and it opened up new doors immediately.
There are 3 main areas of this widget to ensure you get your financial support, social support, and newsletter support. While I designed this for podcasting, it can be used on every single WordPress site. You have full control of all the controls and it uses Font Awesome for social icons that you can size. The widget supports Sendy and Mailchimp. I will consider adding more in the future.
I found it frustrating that getting widgets or plugins that are built with Sendy either suck or are premium plugins. This is the reason it’s free with no “Premium” version planned. If you are able to donate or support at all, it’s appreciated. No support is required to use this. All further updates will come as needed.
Let’s dissect this a little further:
- The image for Patreon support should be a 300 x 300px.
- Add your Patreon link and it will be an easy click for your supporters.
- You can check the box on the widget to disable Patreon support.
- Future platform support will be considered.
Social Network Icons
- You choose the color & text size.
- Only links you fill in will show.
- This has 20 support links: A few notes about the sections above: Android (Google Play), Apple (iTunes), Behance, BTC (Bitcoin), Facebook, Github, Google Plus, Home (website link), Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, Pinterest, RSS, SoundCloud, Trello, Twitch, Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube.
- All clicks open new tab/window.
- You can choose Sendy or Mailchimp.
- Add your API URL, API Key, and List ID for Sendy.
- Add API Key & List ID for Mailchimp.
- The widget can only use one or the other, not both at the same time.
- Change the Successful Subscription Message to your own message.
Support can be provided at the AM Podcast Network Community. You can ask for help, suggest future changes, or leave a comment.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/total-support-widgetdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Appearance->Sidebar screen to add the Total Support Widget to a sidebar of your choice.
- After adding it to the sidebar fill in all the information required in each of the 3 tabs.
- Do I have to use Patreon?
No you don’t have to. You can uncheck the box and it won’t show. Only Patreon is supported currently.
- Can I change colors?
Yes, you have full control of the look of each widget you create.
- Can I use this without a newsletter?
No, you must use either Sendy or Mailchimp otherwise it will still show the subscription boxes. We will consider revising this in future updates.
- Are there future updates to expand this widget?
Yes. I would like to translate it, add other email marketing providers, and reduce file sizes further for quick loading.
- Will you take suggestions for future updates?
You bet I will. I want this to be the best plugin with the most functionality. Let me know either in the support forum here on WordPress or on the AMPN.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
“Total Support Widget” es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- This is the initial plugin that has been tested and is stable.
- Fix problem where user cannot sign up for newsletter when not logged in.