The WordPress media player is great, but the default styling doesn’t fit into too many themes. Couple that with the fact that there aren’t a lot of theme developers who add custom styles for the media player and you have the need for Media Player Style Kit – a simple way to change your media player colors without writing a single line of code.
- Easily editable colors in the familiar Customizer interface
- No need to write custom CSS or any other code
- Live previews of color changes inside the Customizer
- Replaces the media player buttons with the WordPress Dashicons font for easy customization
Media Player Style Kit will work with any WordPress site. It will customize the display of the built-in WordPress media player and not media players added by other plugins/themes.
How to contribute
If you want to contribute to Media Player Style Kit, you can fork the GitHub repository – all pull requests will be reviewed and merged if they fit into the goals for the plugin.
Installing “Media Player Style Kit” can be done either by searching for “Media Player Style Kit” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Where do I find the color options?
You will find the color controls for the media player under the new ‘Media Player’ section of the WordPress Customizer.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
“Media Player Style Kit” es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Updating core plugin to the en_US locale with localization being available on translate.wordpress.org for other locales.
- Initial release