IMPORTANT: This plugin will NOT function after the Widgets screen overhaul that is part of WordPress 5.8 unless you use the Classic Widgets plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/). The plugin will continue to be supported/maintained for those using Classic Widgets, but there are no plans to make Conditional Widgets work once Widgets are Blocks.
This plugin adds a form to each widget on the Widgets panel which allows users to choose which pages and/or categories the widget is either displayed on or hidden from.
For each widget, you can choose criteria to either SHOW or HIDE the widget, based on a number of categories. The interface is quite intuitive, and requires no knowledge of php or conditional tags.
Standard Installation Procedure
- Upload the
cets-conditional-widgetsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
“Conditional Widgets” es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Added message to readme explaining the future of Conditional widgets after WordPress 5.8
- Improved string translatability (Props @alexclassroom)
- New Features: Hide on Desktop / Hide on Mobile. (Note that using either of these options will immediately hide the widget when the condition is true, and any other options to ‘show’ will be ignored.
- Fixes lots of small bugs related to the display of the widget control form
- Major update of code formatting to better align with WordPress style and guidelines – props @cFoellmann
- Attempted to resolve the strict warnings
- IMPORTANT! If updating in a MultiSite/Network environment, you’ll need to visit the dashboard of every site for the plugin to continue to work properly. If you have a large network, consider using my helper plugin: https://github.com/MadtownLems/cets-multisite-dashboard-crawler
- Major Rewrite: modified how settings are stored.
- Added an additional checkbox for ALL pages/categories to, once again, make the UI even easier to understand
- Added VERY basic string translation support
- Tweaked UI surrounding pages/categories to be easier to understand
- Only display the informative debugging text when WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY is true
- More verbose informative debugging text
- Fixed a bug surrounding the extra conditional checks on some configurations (Thanks, mmcginnis!)
- Added debugging and informative statements while WP_DEBUG is enabled
- Added support for Posts Pages (when using Static Front Page)
- Added support for saving options on Widgets that didn’t otherwise have options
- Added option for Tag Archives (by request)
- Added options for Search, 404, Date Archives, and Author Archives
- Small edit to play nicely with some other plugins and their additional processing
- Basic bug fixes: resolved some warnings and errors. (Sorry for the inconvenience.)
- Initial Release